The thought of a “weekend getaway” can cause you to instantly relax. But as creatures of habit, we oftentimes find it more difficult to get a good night’s rest when sleeping in new and unfamiliar environments. These tips from WebMD will help you sleep better and feel more relaxed when you’re away from home on your next weekend getaway.
- Take your own pillow and/or blanket. This can help you sleep more comfortably for a relaxing weekend getaway.
- Bring personal objects (for example, candles or a photos) to feel more at home.
- Make sure your room doesn’t have to much light or bring along a sleep mask.
- Use a fan or other “white noise” to drown out sounds from nearby guests.
- Adjust your thermostat to a comfortable sleeping temperature. Sleeping in rooms warmer than 75° F or colder than 54° F can disrupt your sleep.
Need extra help getting a better night’s rest on your next weekend getaway? Protect-A-Bed’s Luxury Adjustable Pillow System will ensure a comfortable nights rest, whether you sleep on your side, stomach or back.
And when you return home, don’t forget to check your luggage for any bed bug infestations. The ThermalStrike Ranger will particularly help, as the reusable, portable treatment bag is designed to rid luggage of bed bugs with penetrating heat on all sides to destroy all stages of bed bugs and eggs.