Have trouble waking up in the morning? Hit the snooze button too many times? We’ve all been there and know how difficult it can be to push ourselves out of bed in the morning. And while you may never actually become a “morning person,” there are some things that you can do to make mornings a little bit easier.
Here are five ways to help you become a morning person.
- Set the environment. Try limiting the use of screens (i.e., laptop, computer, TV) to one hour before bedtime and avoid using them in the bedroom. The bedroom should be a restful place and sound, light and temperature all affect this. For example, a room warmer than 75° F or colder than 54° F can disrupt your sleep.
- Get more sleep. Experts generally recommend an average of seven to nine hours of sleep a night for healthy adults. It’s important to get an adequate amount of sleep each night so that you don’t wake up feeling groggy and “out of it” the next day. Have trouble sleeping? The Luxury Adjustable Pillow System can be adjusted to firmness and height preferences, and will ensure a comfortable nights rest, whether you sleep on your side, stomach or back.
- Establish a routine. Speaking of sleep, it’s important to establish a regular sleep schedule. Try going to bed at the same time every night, a time when you naturally feel tired. Establishing a routine will help prepare your body for what’s to come.
- Don’t press snooze. On the flip side, it’s also important to try and wake up at the same time every day. Pressing snooze can actually make it harder for you to get out bed. By pressing snooze and going back to bed, you could be allowing yourself to fall into a deeper sleep state and make it even harder for you to get up and get moving.
- Eat breakfast. You’ve heard the saying: “breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” and it’s true! We need a good breakfast to reenergize our bodies and our metabolism, which is at its lowest when we first wake up.
Need more help establishing a sleep routine and getting more shut-eye? Check out these 10 easy and unusual ways to get more sleep.